Yogini rosa Retreats
Yogini rosa Retreats are designed for women who are confronted with breast cancer. During this 6 day retreat, we offer activities, workshops and treatments specially designed to help cope with the effects of the disease. Both for the body and mind. Spending time with other women on the same journey can bring a different understanding, strength and energy. It can help in the process of dealing with breast cancer. The retreat is organised by an expert team of women, and is supported by volunteers who may have experienced the effects of the disease and the treatment themselves.
Yogini rosa activities
During your stay we offer a mixture of different healing yoga styles, which are suited for Yoginis at all levels. Yoga brings you relaxation and stimulates the self-healing abilities of the body. Yoga improves your fitness level, concentration and breathing. You will start to regain confidence in your body and its abilities. It will also help to support and release the physical and mental effects of the treatments.
Every day starts with a group meditation. Meditation helps to find greater self-understanding, peace and balance.
The fight against the disease, the experience of the treatments and the recovery, all takes a lot of energy. By being in the moment and being aware, you start to learn how to deal with uncertainty, tiredness and a new reality. Mindfulness will support you to see things as they are and to trust your body again.
During the retreat, every Yogini rosa receives a massage treatments from a specialised therapist in massages for women who have had cancer. Together you will decide which treatment fits you best.
Other workshops & activities
During your Yogini rosa Retreat there are several workshops and activities you can choose from. All activities will contribute to help finding your inner self, giving you peace and are fun to do.
- Mala beads (prayer beads) – make your own Yogini rosa mala beads
- Mandalas – colouring mandalas in silence brings you closer to your feelings
- Help out in the garden – put your hands in the earth, pick fruit from the gardens or just water the plants with the ‘manguera’
- Deepen your knowledge – yoga philosophy, the background of yoga
- Singing mantras under the stars – singing together before going to sleep
- Cooking class – inspire yourself to eat healthily and enjoy wholesome food
- Painting and drawing – from your heart to paper/canvas
- Masca Valley – walking through the Masca Valley
- Pico del Teide – walk in silence or follow a yoga session in the crater of the highest mountain/volcano of Spain
Feed your body as well as your mind. All vegetarian meals, healthy snacks and homemade drinks are prepared with mostly organic products from our own garden or from farmers on the island. Our Yogi chefs are cooking every day with lots of love and attention a balanced menu.
A Yogini rosa Retreat is organised by a team of women with their own expertise:
- Yoga teacher – an experienced yogini with a good heart
- Masseur – knows that all women are different
- Mindfulness trainer – totally focused in the present moment
- Yogi chef – takes care of the tasty dishes and healthy drinks
- Yogatographer – she puts perspectives and memories into images
- Team Mandala de Masca – inspiring people who are all connected through our passions